<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/19/2004

 

…OF THE YEAR


  • This year's TIME magazine Person of the Year is President George W. Bush. This marks the second time that he's won. For his part, President Clinton won the award 1 ½ times, sharing the '98 award with Ken Starr.

    Commenting on my review of ABC's This Week on Redstate.org, "Putter" remarked:
    Funny How Rumsfeld's name did not come up during the discussion of Time's Man of the Year. As I recall, it was his for the asking a couple of years ago. I guess he was being arrogant then, when he said that the troops deserved it more. Bill Kristol, et-al are on my excrement list.
    That's sad irony.


  • TIME also named a Blog of the Year. This is good news for bloggers, in that the blog is gaining a certain legitimacy which, sadly, can be bestowed only by the establishment media. This is great news for TIME's Blog of the Year for 2004: PowerLine. Congratulations, guys!


  • I'll do my own MAKPA "… of the year" awards during the week after Christmas. It should be fun, as that's the week my wife and I begin our biannual (semiannual) viewing of my Monty Python's Flying Circus DVD set. With nights off for earlier sleep and Sunday night's reserved for silent movies, it should last us well into February.

    1 comments
  • 1 Comments:

    A Monty Python Flying Circus DVD viewing festival! Wow! I can't even begin to imagine how much fun that is!

    Speaking of which, I'm curious to see how the new Monty Python Musical "Spamalot" turns out

    By Blogger jaws, at December 19, 2004 at 9:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?