<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/19/2004

 

The Gaggle on MTP

As I'm coverning the Sunday shows this morning for the Rightsided Newsletter, these are from my Meet the Press notes:

[Senator John] Warner admitted: "I wake up some mornings and look at myself in the mirror and say, 'I'm tired of you, Warner. You better get your act together.'" I'd like to have that on vid.

He said we have to stick with the war's leadership and with the President.

[Senator Carl] Levin blamed "bad policy decisions."

[Senator Joe] Biden admitted: "I'm tired of talking about Rumsfeld." He said that the Iraq situation, which they had all agreed was bad, was the fault of the President for having the "arrogance of not acknowledging mistakes." By this thesis, if the Prez said "oooops" a few times, all would be well.


We've an arrogant Biden criticizing the President for not fessing up to what Biden himself perceives to be mistakes. And we've got John Warner scolding himself in the bathroom mirror.

The U.S. Senate has been called: "The deliberative body." An old civics teacher once described it as "the saucer that cools the tea." I've never poured tea into a saucer, and I don't know what the heck Joe Biden does with his tea.


0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?