<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/15/2004

 

AFTER-WORD – Wednesday, December 15, 2004


  • The first test of an under-development missile defense system in two years has failed. The MSM seem to think this is nifty, assigning costly "boondoggles" to the President.

    It hasn't failed. Yet.

    The project should be turned immediately over to trusted entities in the private sector.



  • Eric Erickson saw Jay Nordlinger debate Wayne Rogers on The Bill O'Reilly Show. The topic was: Wal-Mart, bad or good?

    Erick observes: "Wayne Rogers is truly an idiot." He is also a television actor. Alan Alda used to call him "Trapper."

    Why was he debating Nordlinger? Why don't they sent Middle School football teams into Heinz Field to take on the Steelers?



  • I watch West Wing. My wife made me do so several summers ago, and I found that I really liked it. (Sorkin might be a cokehead lefty, but he was a brilliant writer. And now that he's gone, there are almost no more cheap shots at the good guys.)

    It was dry after Sorkin left – none of the cutting-edge references which drew me to it – but it's turned back into a fine drama.

    There. I've confessed.



  • I'm listening to Maurice Ravel's Ma Mère L'oye. That's how the French say, "Mother Goose"; in fact, that's how Charles Perrault titled the tales -- Contes de ma Mère l'Oye, ou Histoires du temps passé -- when he wrote them in 17th century Paris.

    We ought to keep Frenchmen like Ravel and Perrault in mind before we condemn an entire nation for one dolt in Elysee palace and his sleepover club.

    Then again, the two I've mentioned are both dead.

    0 comments
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?