<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/11/2004

 

AFTER-WORD – Saturday, December 11, 2004


  • According to Kyodo News, Taiwan's ruling, pro-independence Democratic Progressive Party was defeated by the opposition, "moderate and reconciliatory" Nationalist Party, 114 seats to 101 seats in the in the 225 seat Legislative Yuan.
    The opposition dubbed the campaign a ''no-confidence vote'' against [President Chen Shui-bian's] independence-leaning stance.
    This could be seen as making life a little easier for the United States, but I have to wonder about anyone who would be conciliatory to Beijing in a situation like Taiwan's.



  • Steven Taylor is not convinced that Chief Justice Rehnquist will be up to administering the President's oath on January 20.



  • USC Quarterback Matt Leinart has won the 2004 Heisman Trophy. He became USC QB in 2003, replacing 2002 Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer, currently with the Cincinnati Bungles. He is the sixth USC Trojan to win the Heisman, with the second being NFL Hall of Famer O.J. Simpson.



  • I'm listening to the Christmas music on Classical 103.5. I've a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card and a pair of Altec Lansing VS 2121 speakers with a subwoofer. I can't imagine anyone other than a music pro needing anything better.

    I'm listening to choral music now, but I am ready to reveal my personal pick as the greatest secular Christmas song of the post-Elvis era: Wonderful Christmastime, by Paul McCartney. I first heard it over twenty years ago on a shortwave broadcast of Radio Netherlands, and it's stuck with me since. I purchased it today at the hardware store.



  • Tomorrow morning, I watch, describe, and analyze the Sunday AM Talk Shows for the Rightsided Newsletter. And it will be my first week covering them for Redstate, which ought to be fun.

    0 comments
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?