<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/06/2004

 

AFTER-WORD – Monday, December 06, 2004


  • Armstrong Williams writes Monday about Kweisi Mfume's departure from the NAACP last week:
    Mfume did not resign from the nation’s oldest and most prestigious civil rights organization. He was kicked out, following a long simmering feud with NAACP Chairman Julian Bond.
    It turns out that Mfume wanted to try to find ways for the organization to work with the Bush Administration to achieve mutual goals, while Bond simply wanted to break crackers.

    It would have been interesting to see if Mfume could or would have transformed the NAACP into an organization useful to its members. [HT, Betsy Newmark]




  • And, you know… I have been asked to contribute the material on the Sunday Show for Redstate.org. I am triply honored to have asked to be associated with the first rate bloggers who provide that first rate blog. You can see my first post, Reid on MTP, HERE. Full coverage for Redstate begins next Sunday.

    This won't affect what we do here, of course, but I look forward contributing to what the Redstate readers see. And I look forward to working with Augustine, Tacitus, Dark Lord, and Erick. (You'll know me by my posting handle: "Mark Kilmer.")



  • The former dean of students at double-murder convict Scott Peterson's San Diego high school testified Monday:
    "Many students would not come back to school on time [after a break]. The thing I recall mostly about Scott is that he did always come back on time. He was never late."
    The man slaughtered his wife and caused his unborn son to exit the womb in a bay, for God's sake. It's good that he was a prompt teen, but that did not earn him credits to be redeemed in the event he should be convicted of a double-murder.



  • I'm listening to Carl Abel, a safe composer out of the 18th century. He's pretty much in the transition between baroque to classical period, but I think he's categoriezed, with CPE Bach, as classical.

    And the other day I said that I couldn't recall an issue for which JF Kerry stood in his campaign and could fight as he's pledged. This bit with the French and the dynamite or the plastique, or whatever, has brought one to mind. JF promised, when elected, to inspect cargo holds.

    There you go.

    0 comments
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?