<$BlogRSDUrl$>

12/03/2004

 

AFTER-WORD – Friday, December 03, 2004


  • House Armed Services Committee Chairman Duncan Hunter (R-California), criticized for his objections to the 9-11 Commission Bill currently stalled in the House, has been joined by a powerful ally: Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John Warner.

    The bill has already passed the Senate, so there is not much Warner can do legislatively, but his name and voice will be big for the proponents of a reasoned intelligence reform.



  • As I posted this afternoon guest-blogging on Erick Erickson's Confessions of a Political Junkie, NRO ran an editorial today calling on Congress to await the findings of the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, due in March, before accepting the orders of the 9-11 Commission. They used the phrase, "Jury's still out." Actually, Congress is the jury and not all the evidence has been presented.



  • Also guest-blogging, this time this evening, I linked a London Telegraph story which has their highest ranking police officer declaring that homeowner's should be allowed to use whatever force is necessary to protect their property. It sounds like the rationality of American justice coming from the U.K.


  • I'm listening to Itzhak Pearlman play Zoltan Kodaly, and I have a specific reason for doing this. I was looking through old boxes this afternoon, when I found two programs Pearlman performances in Connecticut in 1982 and 1987. I queried my wife, who prefers Christian alternative to Classical music, about this, and she said that yes, she has seen Pearlman play twice. (She had told me about the '87 show.)

    You learn something new every day. And I had thought we weren't going to keep secrets…

    0 comments
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?