<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11/01/2004

 

Rehnquist Watch


Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist missed the opening of the Supreme Court's autumn session this morning, but here's his statement:
"I underwent a tracheotomy nine days ago and, at the suggestion of my doctors, am continuing to recuperate at home. According to my doctors, my plan to return to the office today was too optimistic. I am continuing to take radiation and chemotherapy treatments on an outpatient basis.

"While at home, I am working on court matters, including opinions for cases already argued. I am, and will continue to be, in close contact with my colleagues, my law clerks, and members of the Supreme Court staff."
It has been indicated that the Chief is receiving radiation treatments and chemotherapy. This could be serious, and one unnamed expert told the AP that most thyroid cancer is treatable with radioactive iodine.

Tomorrow is of critical import.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?